Welcome to BSMC.
Press Play to Watch our Video!
Who We Are:
We are one of the largest, most accomplished and well-traveled men’s choruses in the Greater Boston area.
We Sing Our Things! Drawing on the BSMC’s Welsh Choral and American music traditions, Music Director Tom Berryman has new and exciting plans for BSMC’s repertoire including the implementation of modern pieces and Broadway pieces.
We have performed at historic venues including Carnegie Hall, Faneuil Hall, Fenway Park, and the Royal Albert Hall in London. Other performances include the Boston’s Museum of Fine Arts and on WGBH 89.7FM
We have fun! From rehearsals to performances, we guarantee great times and amazing experiences that you will never forget.
We would love to meet you. Join in on the fun and become a BSMC singer today, please contact Tim Borchers at email@example.com
“We Sing Our Things!”
Boston Saengerfest Men’s Chorus
Exhilarating 2015-16 Season
We are excited to announce our concerts for the 2015-16 season!
Drawing on the BSMC’s Welsh Choral and American music traditions, BSMC Director Tom Berryman has put together a multifaceted repertoire for concert venues that include:
- Sunday, October 18, 2015, 3:00pm, in the Great Hall of historic Faneuil Hall, Boston: New England Federation of Men’s Glee Clubs concert with the Highland Glee Club, the Apollo Club of Boston, and featured The Idlers, a select men’s a cappella group from the US Coast Guard Academy, including joint numbers with 100 male singers.
- Saturday, October 24, 2015, 4:00pm, the First Congregational Church of Stoneham, a benefit concert featuring popular pieces from the past year and new music from the upcoming Royal Albert Hall, London concert.
- Sunday, December 20, 2015, 4:00pm, Regis College Fine Arts Center, Casey Theater, Weston, MA, “Deck the Hall,”a Celtic Gaelic Christmas celebration featuring Robbie O’Connell, a renowned Irish singer and songwriter accompanied by traditional Irish instrumentalist. This concert also premiered new arrangements of some traditional Christmas carols created specifically for the Chorus, and include audience sing alongs.
- Sunday, January 31, 2016, 3:00pm, Wellesley High School Wellesley, MA, “Brothers Sing On” a men’s all a cappella concert featuring the “Whiffenpoofs” of Yale, the Wellesley High School Male Chorus, the Boston City Singers “Fellas”, and our own “Sound Investment”. The concert ended with a combined number with over 100 male singers.
Also coming up in 2016
- Sunday, April 9, 2016, 4:00pm, Sesquicentennial Anniversary Celebration Concert at the First Baptist Church of Melrose
- Saturday, April 30, 2016, 7:00pm, St Keiran Community Center for the Arts, Berlin, NH, Performing Art Series concert.
- Sunday, May 15, 2016, 4:00 pm, a Benefit concert at the historic Red Lion Inn, Cohasset, MA.
“Sound Investment“ performs at each concert as well.
On September 19, we offered a morning vocal workshop to all the region’s male singers, led by William Hite (First Parish Church of Weston, MA
). It was attended by 59 singers and directors. It was so successful that we expect to have another one in the future.
London 2016 News
The Chorus will be returning to participate in the 2016 Festival of Male Choirs with a mass chorus (usually 800+ male singers) performance at Royal Albert Hall, London, UK on October 15, 2016. If you are a guy who would like to be a part of this performance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you know of anyone else who might be interested in signing with us at this event, please forward this e-mail to them.
We will also be combining this event with a tour in Wales (with a concert in Cardiff) and a concert in Central London on Friday, October 14, 2016. We will have some additional spaces for the tour if you would like to join us even if you are not singing with us. More details to follow.
Are you interested in joining Saengerfest Men’s Chorus? Here’s what you need to know. All rehearsals are held at First Parish Church, located at 349 Boston Post Road in Weston MA., minutes west of Route 128. from 7:00 to 9:30 pm each Monday night. We always welcome new members to join us.
Many former college a cappella and glee club singers feel quite at home with the broad variety of our repertoire and venue choices.
Open rehearsals for new members are being held on September 21 and 28.
For more information or if you have any questions, please contact us at membership@ saengerfest.org.
We look forward to seeing you-in the audience or on the stage!