TO JOIN- CLICK HERE.
We’d love to get to know more about you! Please click the link above to fill out a prospective singing members submission form.
**To speak directly with a BSMC member, please email Tim or Jim
by clicking their picture below.
TOP 10 PERKS
TO JOIN BSMC TODAY!
1. Sing Weekly.
2. Camaraderie. Build life-long friendships.
3. Learn different Languages & different Singing Techniques
4. Accomplish. Challenge yourself and benefit from the rewards.
5. Travel all over New England and overseas to historical venues such as ROYAL ALBERT HALL, LONDON- Imagine 1,000+ Men, a 3 story organ and a venue dazzled in royal dressings, and then there’s you in the midst of it all, harmonizing with your fellow companions.
6. Networking. Connect with different subcultures within the group.
7. Efficient. Perform in historic venues.
8. Celebrate life and engage your partner in your new journey.
9. Socialize with 62+ individuals and invite your partner to engage in the fun.
10. Smile and have fun with a bunch of good hearted men who love to sing with a capital L.
“If you’re going to take time way from work and family, this is the most fun and efficient Chorus to join.”-Linus Travers
Q: How experienced do I have to be?
A: At BSMC, we welcome all singing levels. Whether you are Glee Club Alumni, a Minister, a Doctor or Lawyer seeking recreation, a Retired Professional seeking a communal atmosphere, a Music Major or a Music Enthusiast eager to learn, we are willing and excited to begin to embark on this new journey with you.
Q: Do I have to travel with the group?
A: No. We understand that sometimes finances do not allow our members to make the trips with us. However, we strongly encourage those to travel because of the amazing experiences we get to share with you on these trips. Given enough notice, there also may be potential for some financial aid.
Q: What type of repertoire does the chorus perform?
A: Our repertoire consists of Western European, American, Modern and Broadway pieces. Or as we say, “We Sing Our Things.”
Q: How do I join?
A: Just drop right in at one of our rehearsals. The atmosphere is very friendly and you will be greeted warmly and loaned whatever music we are working on. Sit in whatever section you think you belong in and introduce yourself to those sitting around you. Or, if you would like to give us a heads up that is great too. We can also arrange for an introduction to the chorus. Bottom line, we want you there!
Q: Do I have to audition?
A: Yes. However, the audition is relaxed and informal and consists of singing a well-known song, testing your vocal range, sight-singing and an assessment of musical skills. You do not need to prepare a piece.
Q: What is the process of auditioning?
A. We want you to feel like a part of our group. If you enjoy yourself during the first three rehearsals attended and you would like to audition, you would then notify the director. At this point, he will schedule an audition time that works the best for the both of you.
Q: Where do rehearsals take place?
A: We gather most Monday nights from 7:00 to 9:30 p.m. at the First Parish Church (Unitarian), Weston, MA.
Q: What would the commitment be?
A: We gather most Monday nights from 7:00 to 9:30 p.m. at the First Parish Church (Unitarian), Weston, MA. Besides weekly rehearsals, it would be up to the member to determine the amount of practice time. Besides that, we would require members to sing in four or five concerts a year and actively engage in being a part of the group. This includes showing some effort in ticket sales and getting the word out.
Q: Do I provide my own uniform?
Q: What does the uniform consist of?
A: Saengerfest’s concert uniform consists of:
- Single-breasted navy blue blazer with brass buttons
- Long-sleeved, white button-down collar shirt
- Saengerfest pocket patch and tie (available from Saengerfest)
- Black shoes
- Black socks
- Black belt
- Gray pants*
*Gray pants may be purchased at Mosher’s:1221 Centre St Newton Center, MA 02459 (617) 527-3121
*Speak with Dana Mosher and tell him you need pants for the Saengerfest uniform.
Q: Who do I contact to join or for further questions?