HISTORICAL: 2015-2016 SEASON:
Boston Saengerfest Men’s Chorus
Exhilarating 2015-16 Season
We are excited to announce our concerts for the 2015-16 season!
Drawing on the BSMC’s Welsh Choral and American music traditions, BSMC Director Tom Berryman has put together a multifaceted repertoire for concert venues that include:
- Sunday, October 18, 2015, 3:00pm, in the Great Hall of historic Faneuil Hall, Boston: New England Federation of Men’s Glee Clubs concert with the Highland Glee Club, the Apollo Club of Boston, and featured The Idlers, a select men’s a cappella group from the US Coast Guard Academy, including joint numbers with 100 male singers.
- Saturday, October 24, 2015, 4:00pm, the First Congregational Church of Stoneham, a benefit concert featuring popular pieces from the past year and new music from the upcoming Royal Albert Hall, London concert.
- Sunday, December 20, 2015, 4:00pm, Regis College Fine Arts Center, Casey Theater, Weston, MA, “Deck the Hall,”a Celtic Gaelic Christmas celebration featuring Robbie O’Connell, a renowned Irish singer and songwriter accompanied by traditional Irish instrumentalist. This concert also premiered new arrangements of some traditional Christmas carols created specifically for the Chorus, and include audience sing alongs.
- Sunday, January 31, 2016, 3:00pm, Wellesley High School Wellesley, MA, “Brothers Sing On” a men’s all a cappella concert featuring the “Whiffenpoofs” of Yale, the Wellesley High School Male Chorus, the Boston City Singers “Fellas”, and our own “Sound Investment”. The concert ended with a combined number with over 100 male singers.
Also coming up in 2016
- Sunday, April 9, 2016, 4:00pm, Sesquicentennial Anniversary Celebration Concert at the First Baptist Church of Melrose
- Saturday, April 30, 2016, 7:00pm, St Keiran Community Center for the Arts, Berlin, NH, Performing Art Series concert.
- Sunday, May 15, 2016, 4:00 pm, a Benefit concert at the historic Red Lion Inn, Cohasset, MA.
“Sound Investment“ performs at each concert as well.